A GREAT Day of Etching Glass at The Mecca

5/30/2009 09:32:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

Today, was the exciting Glass Etching Class! We had a full house at The Mecca with 8 stampers. Each person had the opportunity to made a large, glass candle holder and an etched mirror. This mirror was made by a new meetup member, Geddar. She was such a pleasure to meet and craft with and she made a gorgeous etched mirror.

Amalia made her candle holder using a foam stamped image. She coated her piece in etching creme to give it a frosted look. Gorgeous!

This is another picture of Amalia's candle holder.
Geddar created this candle holder using a stencil from Stampin' Up!


This is Bo...he wanted to craft but was afraid to get Etching Creme in his new haircut.


Geddar is watching Eileen and she poses with her work of art.


Welcome Geddar to our fabulous group! I loved chatting with you and getting to know you. Can't wait to see you again!

This is me posing with Corris' etched candle holder. She did a freehand floral technique. So pretty!

Amalia coated her piece in Etching Creme. It looked like she was putting icing on a cake...not the most delicious frosting.

Eileen made a beautiful piece of glass. I love the stencil and the bling. I bet this will look gorgeous lit up with a soft candle.



Melissa is SO talented. She used a delicate, detailed stencil to create this simple and fresh candle holder. It features bird, branches and BLING!

Another view of Melissa's work of art.


This is Melissa's etched mirror. For some reason, I didn't take a picture of Corris' but they used the same stamp set. Both mirrors turned out simply beautiful!

Eileen used flowers, vines and swirls to create her etched mirror. I love the delicate addition of bling.
"Ballet" Melissa did one simple butterfly trimmed in bling. I love the simple look of this...very Spring looking. Nice job!



Jenny B. LOVES butterflies and it shows on her etched mirror. LOVE IT!



I really love the elegance of Amalia's etched mirror. Simple, fresh, stunning!

I always love what Ballet Melissa creates. Gorgeous use of the bling and the stamp...it really makes a statement.


















Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous on May 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM

It was a great class and I LOVE not only my pieces but what everyone else did. Looks like I'll be getting some etching cream, and SOON!!
Thanks, Heidi.
Eileen

JennyB on May 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Yes I loved this class too. I love my butterfly mirror. I want to get one of those little holders like you have in the pics and display it. :O) Thank you for doing this class

Gayle on May 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

love what you all did...looks fabulous..can't wait to take this when you give again

Post a Comment