Happy Birthday, Dad!

5/26/2009 10:46:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

A few weeks ago at my friend Laurel's Meetup Event, we made cards using these amazing stamps from The Stampsmith. This John Lennon Stamp is one of their newest stamps and I was lucky to be able to use it. My wonderful crafty pal, Eileen, had it in her collection and it was perfect for a birthday card for my dad.

Little did I know at that time that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in NYC would have having a special tribute to John Lennon in their exhibit. I thought it was a perfect opportunity for my dad to come to visit. He has been a Beatles fan all my life! I grew up listening to (and sometimes grumbling about) the music. There were times that I thought my dad may have believed he WAS John Lennon. Dad was more than thrilled to come up to check this out. We had a wonderful evening that he said was very "memorable". That night with my dad is one that I will never forget and I sure he won't either. I miss him as we live states away so I cherish each of these special times with him. As I grow older, I grow closer to him as we share the same love of food, sense of humor and appreciation of music.

Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you SO much and wish you many, many more...


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on May 27, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Heidi, the card came out GREAT! And what a perfect way for your dad to celebrate his birthday. You did good, girl!
Eileen

Post a Comment