What do you use for inspiration?

5/31/2009 11:13:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

Today, I had one of my FAVORITE monthly events, Stamp-a-Stack. At this event, stampers pay $20 to make 20 cards! What a deal! If you go to most stores, cards will run $3-$5 for ONE card. We had a great time today with our stamping marathon and stampers left with a stack of cards and a SMILE on their faces.

One thing I love about this event is the opportunity to create very freely. I focus on making cards that can be recreated rather quickly while still having some pop.

I am a HUGE fan of the PaperCrafts magazine. I used it for inspiration for today's cards. I scanned the current issue for ideas of layouts. I loved combining items from my own stash with fabulous Stampin' Up! products.


Two of the projects used diecuts from The Big Shot! I loved cranking out WAY too many butterflies and branches for two different cards. I think my stampers LOVE all of the extra diecuts as they usually get to leave with a clear envelope of extras to take home and use to create.



Remember...cardmaking can be simple and quick. The results are amazing and the recipient will LOVE it!




Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on June 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Heidi, the cards are fabulous! Very detailed and embellishment-rich for a stamp a stack. How lucky your stampers were to leave with 20 such wonderful cards!
Eileen

Post a Comment