Serene Snowflakes POP UP Card

10/10/2009 08:57:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

I love this beautiful new Stampin' Up! stamp set, Serene Snowflakes. I love using snowflakes to make holiday cards and I really love how elegant these stamps are. At the 2008 Stampin' Up! Convention, we learned how to use circles to make really fun and easy pop up cards.


First, I ran BASHFUL BLUE through my BIG SHOT using one of the Stampin' Up! Texturz Plates. I wanted very simple swirls for the front of the card. I like doing a pretty simple card front when the inside of the card pops a lot of punch.
The inside can be made by punching out a few circles, here I used five circles in RICH RAZZLEBERRY. You then cut them into swirls--I teach second grade so I we call this type of cutting "snakes".
Then, glue the tail of the snake into the card. Put some adhesive on the other end of the snake (make sure it is coiled inside of your card). Then, close the card. This will make the "snake" stick from the top and the bottom of the card.
I used Serene Snowflakes and stamped them in Silver Pigment Ink and cleared embossed them. The snowflake for the front seemed perfect with a clear crystal brad in the center.
The other smaller snowflakes were for the inside of the card! FUN!
This is the front of the card--you might have noticed the sparkle on the blue cardstock. I made my own glimmer mist using water, reinker and a bit of the new Stampin' Up! Shimmer Paint. Shake it up and spray!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 comments:

Patzee2000 on October 11, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I saw this card in person and it's so cool how the snowflakes swirl when the card is opened. Are those jingle bells I hear????

Post a Comment