Elegant Autumn Splendor Thank You Card

10/11/2009 04:46:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

When I get a new stamp set, I love to look on www.splitcoaststampers.com for new ideas on how to use it. I love using different projects as inspiration for my own. Stampin' Up! encourages stampers to CASE (create and share everything) cards but I admit, I don't do it often. BUT, when I found this card on Splitcoast, I HAD to make it! I changed it just a bit but the general design is still the same. I believe that it is really important to give creative credit to people--this card was made by Barbara Jackson and can be seen on Splitcoast Stampers.


First step is to stamp leaves with VERSAMARK along the bottom of the Very Vanilla Cardstock. I then embossed the leaves with GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER.
I cut the VERY VANILLA cardstock a bit smaller than normal so that I could mount it on SOFT SUEDE cardstock. I stamped thanks with a stamp that I tend to grab for an elegant thank you card.
I cut this last little leaf and mounted with using dimensionals. I like how Barbara added that one little leaf to give the card some dimension and extra texture.
I love cutting out little things so cutting around the leaves was really fun for me! I love the simple elegance of this design!
I added some sparkly gold ribbon from my stash. I wanted a monochromatic look for this card. This makes the design all about those beautiful leaves!
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I do! Shout out to Barbara for her gorgeous card and for sharing with the crafting community!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 comments:

Comment by Ying on October 12, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I love it!

Watching leaves change their colors and then falling is one of my favorite times of the year.

Thanks for sharing!

=)Ying

Post a Comment