AUTUMN SPLENDOR WATERFALL CARD

10/05/2009 09:21:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

In CELEBRATION of World Cardmaking Day, my amazing and crafty friend, Eileen teamed up with me again to co-teach a WOW card class. The cards that we created and shared gave a HUGE WOW! We even had a stamper that came all the way from GERMANY to stamp with us! One of my cards used the gorgeous stamp set, AUTUMN SPLENDOR. I love making waterfall cards and this class was the perfect opportunity.

A waterfall card pops a lot of punch and really WOWs people that get one. Not sure how to make one? Check it out on Splitcoast Stampers.
I love the simple lines of the leaves in this set. AUTUMN SPLENDOR combines so nicely with AUTUMN DAYS--almost like they were made to go together! The leaves are from AUTUMN SPLENDOR, the acorn if from AUTUMN DAYS. Beautiful together!
This is a quick picture of the setup of this card! If you follow the steps on Splitcoast Stampers, you will be able to make this card, too! Don't be intimidated by the directions/steps--try one and you will be hooked!
I wanted to add CORDUROY BUTTONS and the colors that I have just didn't seem to work. It is really easy to dye the KRAFT BUTTONS to any color that you want using our Stampin' Up! reinkers! A little squirt on the button and VOILA--Dusty Durango!
Here is the finished card--well, almost...at the point that I took this picture, the buttons were still trying. BUT, you get the idea! I promise to post the actual finished card SOON! I hope you enjoy this! (Don't you wish you could pull that ribbon and make the waterfall trickle in front of your eyes?)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment