Founder's Circle 2009

8/11/2009 10:07:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

My team, The Gotham City Stampers, in New York City recently returned from the 2009 Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City. For some of us, we have been there before and for four of our teammates--this was their first Convention. Upon getting our Convention bags, I went to pick up my award from the Awards Booth. One of my accomplishments this year was to have TEN of my downline promote to Senior Associate. This is something that Stampin' Up! rewards with stamp sets, cash and a walk on stage. I knew I earned it and was beyond excited about it. At the Awards Booth, they handed me my stamp sets and then from behind the counter pulled out a SUPER CUTE bag and announced "YOU EARNED FOUNDER'S CIRCLE!!" I was shocked and overwhelmed with emotion. The coolest part is that most of my team was standing there when it happened. I had no idea and nothing could have ever prepared me for that news! (If you are wondering, what is Founder's Circle? SU! awards that to the top 1% of the company.)

One of my friends, Gayle, captured the moment when I first found out! I was crying for hours and continue to when I think about that moment in my life.



This is a picture of most of our team right when I found out this news! I love this picture for so many reasons. If you look closely, the person taking the picture also captured the computer screen with my Awards Information on it! HOW COOL!


At Awards Night, I found out that I was the #78 Top Demonstrator in a company of about 40,000 Demonstrators. This is awarded for sales, recruiting and leadership of my team. WOW! I started the night sitting by one of my role models, Mary Polcin, in the reserved seating for those that earned Founder's Circle. It was one surreal moment after another that night. I was called on stage to meet Shelli Gardner! UNREAL! My team said that I didn't smile much--I have to admit my knees were knocking the whole time!



This is the group of ten that I was honored to be a part of for the Awards Night pictures!
I have to admit that this night was one of the most special nights of my life! I do what I do in Stampin' up! because I love it and my team. I am awarded for that everyday by being surrounded by positive, creative and supportive people who mean the world to me. This night was the icing on the cake! Gotham City Stampers---I LOVE YOU ALL!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Comment by Big Apple Jen on August 12, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Dang! Reading this just about made ME cry ... and by the way, we all love you too!

Comment by Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator on August 12, 2009 at 9:13 AM

fabulous achievement! Can't wait to meet you at FC in September :)

Post a Comment