Holiday Card for an Old Friend

12/10/2008 05:13:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /



I am so thankful for facebook for so many reasons. One of the biggest is because of the connections that I have made again with people from all parts of my life. I have heard from high school friends, college pals, family, NYC friends and even old students. Facebook has also given me an opportunity to share my stamping, scrapbooking and art with others. This has led to a few people asking me to design and make cards specifically for their needs.




I recently made a card for a beach wedding for my friend, Suzie. I have known her forever...from the days of the little league baseball field. We also twirled batons together in the Pottsville High School Majorette Squad. Yes, picture it...now let's move on. Suzie contacted me to say she was going to a very special wedding with a beach theme and couldn't find a premade card to suit that occasion. So, I made one for her!




My friend, Holly, from Susquehanna University saw my cards and asked me to design a specific holiday card to meet her needs. She is sharing special days with people as her holiday surprise. I think it's a beautiful and touching idea. The cards are finished and are in the mail. I hope she loves them as much as I loved making them for her. I can't wait to hear the responses from her friends and family.




2 comments:

Anonymous on December 11, 2008 at 7:55 AM

Beautiful cards, Heidi! I especially love the way you colored the seashell stamps.
Eileen

Comment by Holly on December 17, 2008 at 10:45 PM

I can't wait to share these cards with my friends and family. I'll let you know their reactions!

P.S. I'm saving one for myself to frame :-)

Post a Comment