Math Center-Under the Sea Classroom Theme

8/26/2008 01:34:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

I went into school today for just a short time to remove some of the excess furniture that was in my room. Marty convinced me that I had a TON of things to make to decorate the room and that heading home would be a good use of my time. He knows me TOO well. Here are the creations for the Math Center.


This is the sign that I will be hanging near my Math Center. I loved the funky number paper in the background. Like I said, I spent oodles of time in school so I have to LOVE my surroundings.

This cute octopus will be hanging from the lights above the Math Center. I loved putting the numbers on his arms! I look at this little guy and it makes me laugh. I cut all of the parts from my Cricut and use a variety of cardstocks and patterned papers. I don't really like primary colors in a classroom...I know, I am picky. So, my colors are a bit off the norm of what a lot of teachers use.

3 comments:

Comment by Carla on August 26, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I love the octopus and the sign!! The paper is fab -
Also, I am about ready to take a walk and get some.....vod_ _ no, water and some COOKIES!!!! :)

Anonymous on August 27, 2008 at 6:50 AM

I want an octopus! I could hang him from the ceiling of my craft room and he could hold a card (or ATC) in each hand. I need an octopus!
He is really too cute for words, though apparently I have words to spare.
Great job!
Eileen

Anonymous on August 30, 2008 at 5:32 PM

I wanna learn math--that octopus is wonderful. You've chosen a great concept for the room. It's a refreshing and unexpected environment for your young students. Well done!!

Post a Comment