Background Smoosh Resist Technique Gratuitous Graffiti

9/20/2009 07:48:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

My Stampin' Up! team, The Gotham City Stampers, are doing an awesome swap for our next team meeting. We are all making a 4X4 page featuring one technique. We are making enough for each team member to have one and then we are putting them into one technique fat book. I was working on mine today and wanted to share what I came up with! I used a technique called BACKGROUND SMOOSH TECHNIQUE which was adapted from the Technique Junkie Newsletter which I ADORE!

First, I inked the GRATUITOUS GRAFFITI Background Stamp in VERSAMARK and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Make sure to use glossy cardstock for this technique!
I squirted different colors of IN COLOR reinkers into a piece of plastic. The original technique calls for using ink pads and rubbing them onto a page protector. I am always looking for new ways to use the reinks so this was my alternative. I then squirted water on the reinkers and smoosed the two sides of the plastic folder together.
I put two of the pieces of embossed glossy cardstock back-to-back into the folder and smooshed them around. SO much fun and SOOOO messy!
This is what they looked like as the embossed parts resisted the ink. Once they are dry, I plan to buff them with papertowel. Then, I will put them on chipboard or a coaster to give them more umph!
I can tell that I had a blast making these just by looking at my hands! I hope that you leave some comments if you enjoyed reading this tutorial!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous on September 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Very cool technique. Can't wait to see everyones, and get that fat book put together!
I have a friend in one of my yahoo groups who always writes after her name, "get your pinkies inky."
Well, you sure did that, and a few other fingers as well!
You know, some people think if you're not making a mess, you're not having fun. :)
Eileen

Patzee on September 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Great technique. I was working on my technique swaps tonight, too. And yes, it's on glossy paper! This fat book is going to be an amazing resource!

Comment by Roxie's mama on September 21, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Really cool technique. I'll have to do that one next. I used versamark on mine as well! See ya ladies Friday. woohoo! :)

Comment by Cool Cakes and Crafts with Amalia on September 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I got to see the final result live and in person at the team meeting and the swaps Heidi made looked amazing! I have got to give this one a try.

Post a Comment