Back to Basics-Cardmaking

6/14/2009 10:06:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

Tomorrow, I have the BIGGEST stamping event thus far. I was invited to teach cardmaking 101 to the faculty of a school right outside of New York City. Most of the people have never stamped. I will be working with approximately 60 people! My largest group ever.

We have had MANY people at our Stampin' Up! Open Houses but there many of my team would be there to help. This time, I am on my own! (Well, Mart offered to help, too.) I am SO excited to have this chance to meet so many new stampers!

Preparing for this event was a bit of a challenge for me. After stamping for so many years, I have developed many techniques and designs. I usually create cards that are a bit challenging. For tomorrow's event, it is important to keep the designs/techniques very simple. I want these new stampers to see that THEY TOO can make cards!


The cards pictured are the designs that we are making tomorrow! Wish me luck!



Labels: , , , , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on June 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Well, I think you nailed it, and those 60 people are in for a treat. The cards are simple, yes, but also elegant. If I didn't have this darn retirement party to go to I'd volunteer to help out too. I'll wish you good luck, but am sure you won't need it!
Hugs,
Eileen

Post a Comment