A "HEART" Story of My Own...

2/07/2009 07:58:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /



At a very young age, I was faced with Open Heart Surgery for Atrial Septal Defect. The part of this story that always amazes me was my young parents, both in their early 20s, and how brave and scared they must have been. Whenever I think about this time in my life, I immediately think of them. I was only 5 years old in 1979 and they must have been on pins and needles wondering about so many things. Thanks to them and the fine people at Deborah Heart and Lung Center, I am here to share my story.




As I sat with friends today making Valentine's Day projects, I was reflecting on this time in my life--as I do have memories of it. I thought how my dad and I used to walk in the American Heart Association Walk-a-Thon when I was little. How that organization was there for my family at that time. Today made me think that it is time for me to give back to the AHA. I am not sure how or when but that is something now that I want to plan. I think my crafting will lead me to a great way to help them. I will update you more on that once I figure out my game plan!


I want to share some of my HEART projects from today.

I found these heart boxes at AC Moore and had so much fun collaging it. I used the CANDY LANE PAPER from Stampin' Up! and a lot of Mod Podge!

This is a funky, fresh Valentine's Day card. It was fun to make and I really like the corset-like way to open the card!

1 comments:

Comment by Rosie on February 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Heidi- You can count on me whenever you decide to do something to give back to the AHA. Anything I can do- maybe a crop with all profits going to AHA?

So glad everything worked out with your surgery and you get to be my boss-lady. LOL

Hugs,

Post a Comment