Funky Circle Pendants

2/09/2009 10:38:00 PM / Posted by Heidi Bound /

My dear friend, Eileen, loves making jewelry. She especially loves making jewelry out of supplies that aren't necessarily intended for jewelry. I have followed her lead and have become quite addicted to turning just about anything into a jewel.






Tuesday night in my meetup group, Eileen and I teaching the crafters how to make some very cool jewelry. My project uses a simple cut out wood circle from AC Moore. I made my own homemade Glimmer Mist (with a recipe from Eileen) and sprayed the wooden circle. This gave it the cool red tone. I used the Eastern Bloom stamp set from Stampin' Up! and stamped it with black craft ink. I finished it off by covering the piece in Versamark and clear embossing powder. I heat embossed it to seal in the image. Pesto! Add a black cord and it's done. I may add some beads later. Sometimes with projects like this, I have to set it aside and come back to it.

1 comments:

Anonymous on February 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Very cool! Can't wait to do the class with you tonight. I've been gathering supplies and think the ladies will love our projects!
Eileen

Post a Comment